YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Dart Mining NL ("us", "we", or "Dart Mining") recognises the trust you are placing in us by providing your personal details and we are committed to the protection of your personal information. The Policy applies to and is adopted by all Dart Mining employees, related entities and associated companies and contractors which are subject to the Privacy Act 1988.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION Dart Mining GENERALLY COLLECTS AND WHY:
Dart Mining collects information in a number of different ways including directly, indirectly and through third parties. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Social Media;
- Over the phone;
- In connection with competitions.
Depending on your purpose for contact, the information we collect from you may vary. The information may include (but is not limited to) the following:
Your name, address, telephone number, email address, land details;
- Credit card or banking details;
- Details of interaction between you and Dart Mining staff;
- Feedback in relation to your experience with us.
If you provide Dart Mining with direct debit or direct credit details, we will only disclose those details to our bank to facilitate the provision of that service.
Although we may use your personal information as stated above, we may also use your personal information for secondary purposes. We may communicate news, promotional offers or special events to you or we may use personal information for marketing, research, planning and product development purposes. We use this information to conduct our business, to provide and market our services, to communicate with you to provide or promote our services and to help us manage and enhance our services. Where you have consented to receiving these communications from us, that consent will remain current until you advise us otherwise. However, you can opt out at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer or by unsubscribing to our commercial electronic messages as set out below.
JUNK MAIL OR UNSOLICITED EMAIL
You will only receive emails from Dart Mining if:
- You subscribe to our Email Newsletters service. Our Email Newsletters will keep you informed of news and events relating to our business. If you no longer wish to receive Email Newsletters, you may unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ option at the bottom of our email;
- You request information about our services when you choose to contact us. You will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mail in the matter that you have contacted us about;
- You provide your details and request that we contact you when you send us your Resume; or
- They are otherwise relevant to the reasons for which we hold your email address, where we a re permitted to do so by law.
Dart Mining will destroy information if the information could not have been lawfully collected by us if we had solicited it.
If you, or a company you work for, supplies goods or services to Dart Mining, we may collect personal information about you in connection with the provision of those goods or services, either directly from you or from that company. This information may include your name, date of birth, contact information, and any other information you provide. This information will be used for the purposes of managing the provision of those good or services.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may also collect the following information from you:
- The fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our websites, or your IP address;
- The date and time you accessed each page on our websites;
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our websites (the referrer);
- Cookies which track your visits to the our web sites; and
- The web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information so that we can tell which pages are the most popular and where people spend most of their time. We use this information to improve our website. In some circumstances we may collect personal information about an individual from a third party, for example, to analyse traffic at our website. If this information is linked with personal information we hold about you as set out above, this information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
ARE WE LIKELY TO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on their behalf (such as third party service providers and specialist consultants);
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- anyone else where authorised by law.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS STORED AND KEPT SECURE
All personal information collected by Dart Mining is held securely, whether on our physical files, in our computer systems or in a database (which may be hosted by Dart Mining or a third party on our behalf). This information is only made available to Dart Mining's staff, contractors and third parties to a level that is necessary for them to perform their duties.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, however, this security cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the internet. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Where we no longer require your personal information we will take reasonable steps to destroy it. These measures are designed to assist in your personal information not being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us (contact details below).
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
In order to maintain the security of your personal information Dart Mining may require you to provide proof of your identity before discussing any personal information and we may ask you to specify what information you require. Ways in which we may ask you to provide proof of identity may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Photo identification
- Providing date of birth, address, telephone number or other particulars pertaining to your identity
- Providing passwords or codes
All reasonable steps are taken by us to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, please contact us (details below) and subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act 1988, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it within a reasonable timeframe.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A PRIVACY RELATED COMPLAINT?
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact us (details below). We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made (usually within 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (details below).
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
Dart Mining NL
PO Box 141
Corryong VIC 3707